Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Holidays!

I have always believed that Thanksgiving is the big kickoff for the Christmas season. We get to ponder on what we are thankful for and then go into the Season of Giving to show Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and our family and friends how truly grateful we are for them.

BUT, I try not to listen to Christmas songs before Thanksgiving. Which is hard because two of our radio stations start to play them the day of Halloween!

This year is different. One thing I am thankful for is music. It soothes the troubled soul and can change a mood in just a second.

I am starting this year's Holiday Season by sharing this music clip with you. It was in a ginormous Macy's in Philadelphia. Choir members from many different choirs were scattered throughout the store "shopping". And then someone started to play the organ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that was cool...we should have more random acts of culture everywhere. My kids don't really appreciate me belting Les Mis during lunch...I don't know why!