Friday, February 27, 2009

My friend, Lance

Last night I got a phone call from my little friend, Lance. He is 7. He said he needed to tell me "some stuff". First, though, he wanted to know if I like the DS or the WII better. I have never played with either one, so I wasn't much help. He told me how to turn them on and play with them, just in case I ever got a chance. I asked him why he wanted to know. He said that his big brother Ben had to do a survey for school and so he wanted to do a survey of his own.

He said he got in trouble at school and "lost" his friends. He was not looking forward to today. He also fell and got a big hole in his knee. He was not having a good week, I guess.

We talked for about ten minutes and he told me he got to talk to Ann Ann. He is patiently waiting for her to get back to his house!

A funny thing about Lance. When he was a baby, he and his parents and big brother, Ben, lived with us for a few months. They lived downstairs. He would crawl up the stairs every chance he got and just play quietly with me or whoever was home. I say quietly because when his mom realized he was gone, she would always come get him and take him back home! One day Ben got some fruit snacks and somehow Lance got them and started running away with the little bag held high above his head. I guess he thought that if they were up high, Ben couldn't get them! Funny boy! (Ben was a lot taller than Lance! But Lance was pretty fast!)

Thanks for calling me, Lancey-boy. I hope we get to talk again.

No comments: