So, Maddie is 17 as of two days ago. She is having a birthday party and I am hiding in the bedroom. I am very proud of her. She has a lot of good friends and loves to be with them. She is a happy girl most of the time and has a great sense of humor.
For the last few months she will get into bed and then call, "Mom." "Mo-om." "Moooo-oooom."
Then I am supposed to say "WHAT?"
Her: "I can't go to sleep until I get tucked in."
Me: I'm not tucking you in."
Her: "I promise I will go right to sleep if I get tucked in."
Me: (I tuck her into her blankets and she lays there and grins with her arms sticking out of her blankets--when I reach over her to tuck in the other side she tickles me and says "TICKLE FIGHT! TICKLE FIGHT!") (we both laugh but I am not supposed to)
Me: (flustered)"Good night."
Her: "I love you."
Me: "OK" and then I walk away
Maddie: "Meg." "Me-eg." "Meeee-eeeeg." and so on.
EVERY NIGHT! Of course we all laugh and roll our eyes. What a funny tradition! (It's from the movie "ELF" if you think it sound familiar)
Happy Birthday, Maddie! Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. She got on the high honor roll at school this last quarter! Way to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment