Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Today I was released from my Young Women's calling as the 1st Counselor and I am now the Primary President.

I had been in Primary for about 8 years. Mostly as a teacher for our new and old ward but was the 1st Counselor for almost 2 years. Our President's husband was put into the Bishopric a year ago and I thought they might change the Primary around. The Bishop asked to see me and Jeff so I just knew I was going to be in the new Presidency. Ok, I said to myself. I can handle that. When I was asked to go to YW as their 1st Counselor, I thought it was a mistake. I think you mean Primary, I said. No, he said. You are needed in YW. Ok, I said. I can handle that.

It took me a month or so to get into the swing of YW. I hadn't been in there for almost 10 years. I loved it. I really enjoyed getting to know the other leaders. All of them are so different but they all love the girls, love life and love the gospel. I learned so much from all of them and had a wonderful experience with them. Especially girls camp and the slumber party with the leaders.

The YW were great, too. We have an awesome bunch of YW. They are all very nice girls. They have strong testimonies, they love to do service projects and we all liked to sit around and just visit.

I am especially thankful that I got to be with Maddie at her last girl's camp and see her on Trek. I am so proud of my kids and to see one of them in action as a leader makes me appreciate them even more. Maddie takes charge when she is supposed to and lets others be the leader when they are needed. I am thankful that I was able to share some special experiences with my girl.

So now I am back in Primary and there are 80+ kids in there. I think it will take me a few days to get back into Primary mode. I have some great women to work with who have a love for Primary and the children. I hope I learn LOTS from them!

Autumn is a time to change and it has always been my favorite season. I guess it is well that my big changes have happened in the fall.

1 comment:

The Flint's said...

I'm going to MISSS you terribly!! It's not fair but I'm glad that you will be in Primary with my kids!! You are GREAT!!!